Stimulate Collagen & Elastin with Microneedling in Plymouth, by Radiant Skincare & Beauty.
Local, Professional Microneedling in Plymouth
As a minimally invasive treatment, micro needles penetrate the upper layers of the skin and create micro wounds. These wounds trigger a natural healing response by the body, which responds and stimulates the new production of collagen and elastin fibres. This treatment is combined with specific high-quality serums to target the individual’s skin concerns. The serum penetrates the skin, which ultimately enhances the results.
This treatment would not be suitable if you are:
- breast feeding;
- have active acne;
- prescribed Roaccutane – you must be 6 months post-Roaccutane treatment to be able to have micro-needling.
- You will need to avoid the use of AHAs, BHAs and retinol products for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- No direct sun exposure for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid any laser hair removal for 7 days.
- Avoid waxing and chemical hair removal creams for 7 days.
- Avoid exercising on the day of treatment.
- Please be aware, if you are intending to have antiwrinkle treatment, Microneedling would need to be performed a minimum of 7 days prior.
- If you have had antiwrinkle treatment, then you must wait 14 days to have Microneedling.
- Makeup products should not be applied for 24 hours after the treatment.
- It is strongly advised to apply SPF 50 daily onto your skin after treatment.
- It is recommended continue not to use AHAs, BHAs and retinol products for a further 7 days after micro-needling. Applying these products too early into the healing process may inhibit the skin’s natural healing abilities.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
Microneedling with a professional device can result in a range of amazing skin benefits including restoring skin tone and helping to reduce the visible signs of ageing.
What is the recommended course time?
The recommended course time for all areas of treatment would be 4-6 sessions with each session being 4-6 weeks apart depending on your skin concerns. You will achieve the best results after a full course of treatment.
What areas can be treated with Microneedling?
Microneedling is available on the full face and neck, neck and chest and hands, although other areas are available.